Friday, December 25, 2009

Valencia - Day 114

Date: December 10th, 2009
Distance: None
Country: Spain
Song of the Day: Desire As - Prefab Sprout

For breakfast I headed on down to the central market. I like going to markets. I picked up a couple of muffins and a pear. The local muffins are made in hand wrapped paper. So they don't have the corrugated appearance of usual muffins. It just seems to add a little local flair. Plus the muffins are quite tasty.

Then I did actually make it to the walking tour today. It was a lot of fun, the tour guide Joe was great. He combined a lot of the history with jokes and stories to make it fun. I really didn't know, uh, anything, about Valencia before I came. So this made sense of a lot of things.

After that everyone else headed off and Joe invited me out to lunch. The place had a great menu including a plate called "Cholesterol". Joe and I also had a good time talking about history. I guess he had just received his master's degree in history that Spring. So we had a shared interest there. I guess I was at least interesting enough that he invited me out for dinner with his mate that evening.

In the afternoon I walked around the city for a while. I thought I should get a third tire. I had two nice ones to put on to replace my slicks. But then I wouldn't have any replacements. So I found a nice shop to get a third tire. So for now I have three spares. They also gave me a water bottle to replace the one that was stolen in Florence.

I met up with Joe and his roommate Tim for dinner. We went out to a nice Indian place for dinner. The food was quite good, and there was a lot of it, which I enjoyed. Plus Tim, who is Flemish, and Joe were fun to talk to. From there we headed out for a drink at a pirate themed bar. Then we went to another place and met with another American. He had a degree in architecture, another interest of mine, so I was talking with him about that. A good night all around.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment