Monday, December 28, 2009

Rabat - Day 126

Date: December 22nd, 2009
Distance: None
Country: Morocco
Song of the Day: Christmas Song - Weezer

This morning my cousin and Emory went back to the PC office. Andrew and I ended up wandering around back through the market for a while. I do enjoy a good market. They did have a lot of great stuff that I don't need at all. Like nice wool rugs or camel saddles. Cool stuff, but no way to take it with me. Which isn't bad. I just got to browse around.

We ended up on the far side of the market near the ocean. It was fun to see the ocean, but man it was windy. A couple of surfers were out taking advantage of the waves. There was a fortress and a lighthouse along the shore. Also, a couple of large cemeteries. But overall, the place was pretty dead. It didn't seem like the coastal area of the city was built to draw people to walk, sit, or eat there.

Andrew went off to get some of his stuff done, and I just went back to take a nap at the hotel. Later the guys showed up and we met up with three more guys, Brian, Doug and Kadar. They were also PCVs (Peace Corps Volunteers). The big group of us went out to dinner at the American club, which is a restaurant just for US personnel. It was quite a walk in the rain. I was soaked by the time I got there. The rain had also put a damper on the restaurant. We were the only ones there. But at least they put some football on the TV for us.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment