Friday, December 25, 2009

Granada - Day 117

Date: December 13th, 2009
Distance: None
Country: Spain
Song of the Day: Chiron Beta Prime - Johnathan Coultan

[A special note about the song of the day. For the last couple of years I have been putting together a list of... different Christmas songs. So starting tomorrow I am going to be listing my favorite song for a melancholy noel. For today, something a bit on the lighter side. Sort of... ]

Despite the late night, I did get up at a reasonable time. I wanted to get breakfast and go on the walking tour. Once the former was complete I had a bit of time before the later. So I spent some time buttering my pants. Yep, normal butter applied to my pants for the purpose of living the chain grease stain. It actually worked too. The butter, and a fair bit of time rubbing it in, dissolved the stain. Then I had to get the butter out. So I used normal dish soap. After that I needed to get the dish soap out. I just used regular hand washing soap for that. Presto, stain free pants.

Katie was hanging out waiting for the tour as well. Yet somehow we missed it. I am still not sure how that happened. Those guys took off and were gone. Oh well. Instead Katie and I walked around trying to find these cave homes. It was a nice walk, but I didn't get the sense that we found the right ones. The ones I saw looked like a normal, if small, house. They apparently went back some way into the hillside. Still, I was looking for something more like a hobit hole. A doorway set into the hillside. So I was skunked on the second mission of the day.

In the afternoon I took another siesta. Naps are good. I grabbed a quick dinner and headed back to the Irish pub. They had mentioned the previous evening they would have some NFL games on. I hadn't heard much about the season, but I did miss watching football. So I turned up there for the Bengals/Vikings game. I couldn't stay for the whole thing though. It didn't look good for the Bengals when I left though.

I left because I wanted to get back in time for the tapas tour. Again, cheap food and drink in Granada. The tour guide said mostly this was due to the large number of students in Granada. Also, the jobs in the area didn't pay well, but made up for it by having cheap places to eat. So a tourist can really appreciate how far the money will stretch there. Especially when compared with London or Paris.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment