Thursday, December 31, 2009

Azrou to Kenifra - Day 131

Date: December 27th, 2009
Distance: Cheating by bus!
Country: Morocco
Song of the Day:

Yep, more bus travel today. Just Allen and I. Emory traveled back to his site. So just the two of us got to Kenifra today, where I can stash my bike for a bit. No reason to haul it up into the mountains. There should be ice or snow and my tires won't handle on it. No more crashes for me.

We headed over to Andrew's apartment. He was the PCV that we were hanging out with the first couple of days in Rabat. His place is large and probably one of the best finished houses I have seen here. But there are still weird things about it. Like the wonderful plaster medallions set into the ceilings, but instead of a chandelier it is a bare bulb hanging from a couple of wires. Also, there is no hot water for anything but the shower. Even that is provided by a small heater connected to a can of butane in the kitchen. There is no central heating either. It sort of reminds me of the fact that even Versailles had no bathrooms. As in, a beautiful place, but only half of the infrastructure is in place. Please don't misconstrue this as criticism of my gracious host. I am just trying to give you an idea of what the buildings are like here.

After the stuff was all set we headed on a walk through the town and the market. Then over to get some sandwiches. Only 3 Dirhams for an egg sandwich. Outstanding. We watched Up and hit the hay.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment