Friday, December 25, 2009

Barcelona to Calafell - Day 109

Date: December 5th, 2009
Distance: 76km
Country: Spain
Song of the Day: Ramble On - Led Zeppelin

Got a late start on the day. Mostly this was my fault. I spent a while having a huge breakfast and checking a couple of things on the internet before I left. Tim was also going to come along with me down to Valencia. I had one other stop in town though. I needed to get some folding tires for my journey through Africa. My slick tires are working for now, but I know that at some point a) they are going to wear out and b) I am going to run out of paved road. So I wanted something a little wider and that would work well on and off road. There was a bike shop in town that had stuff and I ended up picking up two new tires. I strapped them on top of my front panniers and we were off and running.

Still, it was after noon by that point. So we knew were weren't going to get far. We stopped for food just before sunset. Then found a place in an overgrown olive grove to camp.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment