Thursday, December 10, 2009

Barcelona - Day 107

Date: December 3rd, 2009
Distance: None
Country: Spain
Song of the Day: That's All - Genesis

Woke up and had breakfast. More free food. Really, everyone should know by now if there is free food involved I am there. There wasn't an amazing spread, but lots of bread, butter and jam. I can dig it.

Then I headed out on the walking tour of the old gothic center of the city. If you are staying at a hostel, and they have one, I recommend it. It gives you a good grounding for what the city is like. Plus you can usually get a good idea of where stuff is and how to get around the city. Oh, and like this one did, they usually end up at a good place to grab some lunch. More food, I know.

In the afternoon I wandered around the city for a bit. More Victorian style architecture. You get very used to that in the cities in Europe. Back at the hostel I met up with Tim again. We decided to hit the tapas dinner the hostel puts on. This turned out to be a blast. The food was really great. It included a bunch of stuff I don't think I would have tried on my own. Like fried sardines. But it was all really good.

After that, back at the hostel nothing was happening. The city really doesn't get going until after midnight anyway. I felt like taking a little nap, which turned out to be a bad idea. That was the end of my night. I guess I was a bit more tired from the night before than I expected.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment