Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ziganchor to Ingore - Day 203

Date: March 9th, 2010
Distance: 71km
Country: Guinea-Bissau

Woke up and got packed. Derrek and I went out for omelet sandwiches. After that we parted ways. He was touring around the Cassamance for a couple more days, and I was heading to Guinea-Bissau. Darrek, good luck man. Enjoy Brazil.

Crossing the boarder wasn't bad. No real problems. Just getting some paperwork stamped. Welcome to Guinea-Bissau. Country 16.

The day was still miserably hot. Two things did make it easier. First was the scenery. I have left the Sahel zone. So no more savanna like grasslands. Instead I am getting into real tropical forests. Bright green. Great to cycle through. The other thing was the guy selling bissap along the road. I can't remember the ingredients anymore. It is some local type of berry and water and sugar. Quite tasty and refreshing. I wish I had gotten more.

I was still running into a headwind, which is frustrating. So I didn't make it as far as I wanted. Instead I stopped in the town of Ingore. They have a hotel, and power (after 8:30PM). No running water though. There was a big trash can of water for washing up though. Close enough for me.

I had a cozy dinner by candle light in a small shack along the road. Spaghetti with a bit of canned meat and mayonase. Surprisingly, it was great. Then again, I am hungry a lot. After that it was off to bed.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment