Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Janjanbureh to Bansang - Day 193

Date: February 27th, 2010
Distance: 18km
Country: The Gambia
Song of the Day: Monkey Goes to Heaven - The Pixies

Okay, so another short day on the road. Marnie had invited me to a goat roast out in Bansang which was't far away. It didn't take me long to get there, but it was a good introduction to the South Bank Road. Basically, something which was paved years ago and never repaired. Now it is mostly a rough dirt road.

Still, I did make it in time for food. It was at the house of a missionary couple, Tom and Adriane. The goat that was purchased turned out to be a little small. So instead we had monkey. Never had monkey before. can add that one to the list. It was actually really good. Plus they had salad, and bread and humus. A really good spread. It was fun sitting around talking with people.

Just as it was getting dark, Marnie took me and her friend Fern back to the compound she is living it. Marnie cooked some dinner (Mac'n'Cheese) for me. We then hung out for a while with her host family. Her host father was making "lait". Kind of like tea, but with sweetened condensed milk. Marnie also explained about the journey I was on. They were pretty impressed with my cycle trip. All the guys wanted to look at my bike. Pretty cool.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment