Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bambadinca to Quebo - Day 207

Date: March 13th, 2010
Distance: 78km
Country: Guinea-Bissau

Woke up early. I was glad to be out of that place. It occurred to me as I was falling asleep that the place I was at could have been a brothel. That didn't make the sleep any better.

On the road it was just more cycling into the wind and heat. I did camp out for a bit in the afternoon. Found some nicy shady trees to sit under. I almost fell asleep. The head of the nearby compound must have seem me though. He brought out a small mattress for me to lay on. How cool is that? If it had been earlier, I really would have fallen asleep. Sadly I only rested for a bit before pressing on.

Crossing the Rio Courbal was kind of fun though. There was a hotel nearby. It looked expensive, but I almost stayed there so I could go swimming in the river. There were a ton of local kids frolicking around. Looked fun.

No, I pressed on to Quebo. They had a decent hotel in town. No electricity or running water. But there was a bathroom and a big trashcan of water. I knew what that was for. So it all worked. I got a shower and headed into town for food. I didn't stay up that late. Preferring to get a good night of sleep instead.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment