Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Gosport - Day 41

Date: September 28th, 2009
Distance:
None
Country: England

I spent most of the day updating my blog and waiting for my cards to arrive. I tried to get some basic French lessons in. We will see if they do any good.

Once the cards came, I did head over to Portsmouth to see the HMS Victory. I mean, who wouldn't want to see Admiral Nelson's flagship? Sadly, I didn't go aboard though. They wanted 12.50 for a tour. That is just way to much for my blood. Instead I just walked around it. It is actually a fascinating vessel. Basically the pinnacle of sailing warships.

From there I tried walking over to the channel ferry terminal. I would be taking one of those ferries the next day. So I wanted to know where it is. Plus I was having trouble getting a ticket online. So I was going to pick a ticket up while I was there. Trouble is, I got lost and ended up in Fratton. So what should have been about a 25 minute walk turned into an hour and a half adventure. But I got there in the end and purchased a ticket for 8:00 AM. Better still I found the best way back to the Gosport ferry from the channel terminal. I will will need that tomorrow.

After I got back, Mike had dinner ready. Mmmm, I was hungry. I also got some laundry going. Jeannie and I even found time to watch History Boys. After that it was bed time.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment