Tuesday, September 1, 2009

London - Day 10

Date: August 28th, 2009
Distance: None
Country: England

Went out to the British Museum today. I spent basically all day here. It was fascinating. It would be boring and futile to list off everything they had. I really enjoyed the Assyrian artifacts. Saw the famous (and controversial) Elgin Marbles. Plus it was free, which I appreciate (though I did give them a donation). It was nice to be able to come and go. I stayed all morning, then went out for lunch, came back and picked it up again. If you come to London you can't miss it.

After that it was over to Dasha's place. She was going to take me out to meet some friends and get some dinner. We went to a pub out in North Greenwich with her friend Natalya. Then it was off to the city for some dancing with some of her other mates. I can safely say that I am still an awful dancer. It was a great time tough. I was talking with a couple of her friends, Jay and James. Jay was really interested in coming along on the trip up north. James' brother just completed a bike trip from Istanbul to France. So I think I may wait a couple days for them to get ready. Plus London is a fun town, and I don't have a schedule.

-Dravis

4 comments:

  1. You think gallivanting to another continent is gonna make you a better dancer? I could've told you that will NEVER happen. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I beg to differ...practice always helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drinking, practice, and (once you get over that innate fear of them) cute girls. It's amazing how something goes from "no way in hell" to "what the hell" with a little encouragement from the right person.

    ReplyDelete