Monday, September 28, 2009

Gosport - Day 40

Date: September 27th, 2009
Distance: None
Country: England
Song of the Day: The World Has Turned - Weezer

I had a wonderful and lazy day here at Gosport. Got a couple of things for the bike. I wanted to get a triangle bag to help keep my tools in. I also wanted a trunk bag that I could throw stuff like food in. Plus I wanted something cheap that I could leave on it and not worry about it getting a) wet or b) stolen. Plus I got a bike bottle. I had forgotten mine when I left the states. So I think I would be super ready to hit the continent.

I also had a nice lunch and took a nap. I then got up and finished the book Charlotte had loaned me. Jeannie also arrived back from the farm around this point and by then it was dinner time. Mike had cooked up a wonderful stew and served it with mashed potatoes and broccoli. Yum. I had a couple of helpings.

Mike, Jeannie and I talked for a couple of hours after dinner about various topics. Mike is retired (from the Royal Navy) but is working on a PhD in history. After that I watched a movie and went to bed.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment