Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cambridge - Day 27

Date: September 14th, 2009
Distance: None
Country: England
Song of the Day: Swallowed - Bush

I spent most of the time hanging around with my great uncle. He really likes to talk. He also has a lot to say about "sleepy little Crookston", the town where he grew up. If you get a chance ask him about driving from Northern Minnesota to San Francisco in 1939 to see the International Expo. Lots of fun.

After dinner Jeannie dropped me off at Cambridge to go hashing with her daughter Charlotte (who friends just call Charley). Now the hashing group describes itself as "a drinking club with a running problem". So hashing is pretty much what you would expect. It starts and ends at a pub. In between we went running around Cambridge looking for little blots of flour. The idea I guess is to keep the pack together. The fast runners are supposed to search around for the next trail marker, giving time for the slower runners to catch up. At the end people head back to the pub for some boisterous songs with rude lyrics. Quite a time really. Charley and I closed out the place. I guess it is her favorite pub.

-Dravis

1 comment:

  1. Now that's an event that would get me running. Maybe we'll start a hashing club when you get back!

    ReplyDelete