Tuesday, September 1, 2009

London - Day 12

Date: August 30th, 2009
Distance: 6 miles
Country: England
Song of the Day: Pink Bullets - The Shins

Woke up and got my stuff together. Dasha was going out to her mums. My new mate Jay had said he would put me up for a couple of nights until his bike was ready. Then we would head out to Cambridge on Tuesday. So I biked over to his place in east London. Again London is a pretty cool city. But I did end up getting lost a couple of times on the way over. I guess the east end is also supposed to be a bit dodgy. It didn't seem too bad, but I don't think I would have like to be out there with all my stuff at night.

Jay's house is really pretty cool. A Victorian row house. Very nice. We hung out for a while and had some ribs. Then we headed over to Brick Lane. This is a kind of chic neighborhood I guess. Lots of young people and artist types. There were a ton of people out because it was the Sunday night before the bank holiday on Monday. We went to a pub and sat around talking for a while. Good day.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment