Tuesday, September 1, 2009

London - Day 11

Date: August 29th, 2009
Distance: None
Country: England

Woke up this morning and went to St. Paul's. That is really a beautiful cathedral. Mr. Wren, excellent work. I was just walking around outside though because they wanted £11 to get in. I really just don't have that kind of money. Just the outside was amazing. One more thing to see if you get here.

After that I went to meet up with some of Dasha's friends. They were out on a London Monopoly pub crawl. Nick had even printed up programs and score cards. What a hoot. They had started at 10:30AM, so when I got there about 4:00PM it was about half over. It was a lot of fun to hang it with a bunch of English guys. They had also timed in a break for the Manchester-Arsenal game. Seeing a football game in a pub in England is something I can check off my list.

Met up with Dasha, Natalya and Rachel as well. They were going to follow along, but only go to the pubs that were nice. Which was probably a good idea. The guys and been drinking all day and by the end of the night were pretty inebriated. There was some confusion when one of the bars on the list was closed. But they pulled it off in good form. After that a big group of us, and the girls, went out dancing. Again, I can't, but no one else was really in a state to notice. So it was fun to be out with a bunch of new friends and dance like an epileptic gerbil.

From there it was back to Dasha's place who very kindly let me stay on her couch. Thanks Dasha.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment