Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Port-en-Bessin to Arromanches - Day 46

Date: October 3rd, 2009
Distance:
67 km
Country: France
Song of the Day: Bonnie - Prefab Sprout

If you had looked at the distance, you would assume that I had actually gotten somewhere today, but no. It was all just back and forth. I only really went about 12 km down the coast.

When I got up, I went back out to the Normandy cemetery. My camera had died before I was able to get the videos that I needed. So I went back for a bit. Walked along Omaha beach as well. Got another little video there.

Then I went out to see the gun emplacement and Longues-sur-mer. The concrete fortifications were pretty impressive. The guns, now rusting are still there. One of them was shattered with pieces all over the ground. One of the other guns had the breach of 2 inch thick steel folded back like a bannana peel.

Then it was down to Arromanches, where I discovered that I was missing the addapter to my camera. I can copy stuff off of the camera onto my computer (like the pictures I post), but only with that special USB adapter. Thinking I might have left it at the last camping site, I quickly raced back. But alas, it wasn't there.

So now I can't get anything off the camera until I get a new one. Argh. Never get a camera with special adapters. If they had just put in USB to begin with, I would be fine. Now I have to go out and find another special adapter. Damn.

Annoyed, I stayed up a bit sewing extensions onto the velcro straps of my trunk bag. More mods. But now the trunk bag doesn't list to one side as I am riding.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment