Thursday, October 15, 2009

??? - Dieppe - Day 55

Date: October 12th, 2009
Distance:
158
Country: France
Song of the Day: The Song is Over - The Who

Woke up in the woods. I am still glad no one has yet accosted me while I am in my tent. I really prefer a good camping site. Packed up, and was on the road by 10:00. I did stop for a bit to rig up a cradle for holding my GPS. (Oh, that was the other annoying thing about the previous night. I had to use one hand to hold the GPS.) Much better.

The direction I was going however was not. It was right into the wind. What a pain. The wind wasn't amazingly strong either. But it just sucked out all your umph. It was also a section of country full of rolling hills. The top of the hill would usually block the wind. That meant you had to be going up it, though, which is slow. Then at the top, the wind would be back, so going down wasn't easy. Just lame all day.

I really wanted to get to Dieppe by the end of the day. So I kept pushing on. I got there just as the sun set. But I didn't know the location of a campsite. I asked a couple of people, but there wasn't anything close. So I ended up finding a nice bed and breakfast. The couple who ran it were very nice. It is more expensive than camping. Still a warm bed and a hearty breakfast are hard to pass up. Also I wanted to use their internet to find camping spots along my journey.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment