Sunday, April 25, 2010

Ouelessebougou to Bougouni - Day 248

Date: April 23rd, 2010
Distance: 85km
Country: Mali
Song of the Day: Spirit of Radio - Rush

Nothing really exciting today. Just more miles down the road. It is pretty rolling country. So a lot of ups and downs. Actually, scratch that, it seems there were more ups than downs. Lots of little hills, but overall I think I gained elevation. I just didn't have the zip on the downhills.

It was another cloudy day which is nice. There was also a cool wind blowing out of the south. Of course, I am heading south so it was smacking me head on. Still, the coolness seemed to mitigate any annoyance of a headwind. I was actually cool for once. I hope this keeps up. It made cycling easy today.

Once in Bougouni I tried fining a hotel. The first one wanted $40, yeesh. The second one was better, less than $20. Still, I think I need to spend more time camping to keep the budget reasonable.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment