Friday, April 30, 2010

Orodara to Bobo-Dioulasso - Day 252

Date: April 27th, 2010
Distance: 82km
Country: Burkina Faso
Song of the Day: Nowhere Fast - Incubus

Well, the rain from the night before has again chased away my cloud cover. The wind is also back stronger than every. It is still quite cool, but it makes a frustrating current to force your way though. Oh, and this part of the country is still quite hilly. Everyone told me Burkina Faso was flat. It isn't. At least not out here in the west.

I have a feeling it might get flatter as I go forward. The lush green of the hill country I am going through is starting to give way. The ground is drying out and the plants are becoming more yellow and brown. More hot days ahead.

Still, I did force my way through and make it into Bobo a couple of hours before dark. I found a place to stay at the catholic mission in town. Found a cyber cafe for some internet time. Also a place to get some dinner.

-Dravs

No comments:

Post a Comment