Monday, April 12, 2010

Coyah to Kindia - Day 230

Date: April 5th, 2010
Distance: 74km
Country: Guinea

Left town early this morning. The plan was to arrive in Kindia early and enjoy a bit of the city while it was still light out. The road itself wasn't bad. A bit hilly, but nothing I hadn't seen before. For once I had the wind going my direction. At least some of the time. Because of the terrain the road would turn, or the wind would die. Still it was a nice change.

The country is still fairly lush and green. The mangoes are really coming along here. People are all over the sides of the road selling them. I also saw a station wagon filled to the windows with them.

I did arrive in kinda in plenty of time. My first goal was to find a cyber cafe. The first one I found was closed. It would open the next morning. The second one (just down the street) was open, but didn't have an internet connection. What a country. So I guess I would have to wait until the next day.

Since I had some time I got a little shopping done. The market was still open so I found a nice pineapple. Delicious. I also got some supplies for the road ahead. I never do know where I am going to stop.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment