Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Niena to Sikasso - Day 250

Date: April 25th, 2010
Distance: 82km
Country: Mali

I forget that after I long day, I don't have any energy. Plus the little rain the night before had chased away the cloud cover. The wind had also changed directions. I was just plowing into it. So I was running along pretty slowly. It was just a tough day of cycling. Lots of stopping. Also cursing the wind.

Still, I reached Sikasso early in the afternoon. My first mission was to find a cyber cafe. My experience from Guinea taught me to find that before the hotel. If it is closed, at least you can get a hotel nearby. Still, this was harder to do. Eventually two guys on a moto said they knew where one was. We ended up going all over the town. The first one was closed, the second was working thankfully. As I got there it started to rain. Really rain hard. I never thought I would miss the rain. It didn't last long though. By the time I was done on the internet, the rain had stopped.

I found a hotel to stay at. Still too expensive for me. Oh well. Got some dinner and went to bed.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment