Monday, January 18, 2010

Marrakech to Casablanca to Marrakech - Day 153

Date: January 18th, 2009
Distance: Travel by train to Casablanca and back
Country: Morocco
Song of the Day: Freebird - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Well I did make it out to Casa today. I had to wait two days because the place wasn't open on the weekends.

I did pick the wrong cabbie when I got there. I just needed to get dropped off at the place that gives out vaccinations, but he wanted to be my tour guide. I couldn't get him to leave me alone. So he followed me to the doctor. Then took me back to the train station. Then wanted extra money for being the "guide" that I didn't need. Argh, so he took me for a ride (literally and figuratively) on that one. Oh well.

I did get my Yellow Fever shot and the vaccination card. So I should be ready to travel anywhere I want now. Yay! I am getting excited. When I got back to Marrakech, I realized how frustrated I am at being here. The extra two days were a bit much. The only time I have a moment's peace is when I am in my hotel room. If you are out on the street people don't stop pestering you. "My friend!" Look, we aren't friends, I don't want to smoke hash, I am not giving you a "present", I am not buying you a beer. Go away. That is exactly what I am going to do tomorrow.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment