Sunday, January 24, 2010

Agadir to Tiznit - Day 158

Date: January 23rd, 2010
Distance: 87km
Country: Morocco
Song of the Day: Bruised - The Bens

Well, I got back on the bike today. My knee is feeling great again. It was just barely starting to get a bit sore when I rolled into Tiznit. Not much else to say. The terrain was a bit boring. It actually reminded me of the farm country of the midwest. Except there were minarets towering over the little mud-brick towns instead of church steeples situated among white clapboard homes.

When I stopped for lunch, a Finnish man stopped to talk with me. I guess he has been travelling around Europe by car. He explained how this was a €300 car. I bet, driving it all the way from Finland, he spent more on gas than on the car to begin with. He also said he had done a lot of hitchhiking in his younger days. But now (I think he was in his early sixities) it was easier to go by car. It is always fun to meet a fellow traveller. They can give you a lot of ideas on what to do and how to travel. Plus, I keep finding people who tell me about ways that it is cheaper than you think. That is, if you think about it a little.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment