Monday, January 18, 2010

Khenifra to Beni Mellal - Day 146

Date: January 11th, 2010
Distance: 132km
Country: Morocco
Song of the Day: Setting Forth - Eddie Vedder

Well, I got up and took too much time putting the last touches on my bike. I did say farewell to my cousin. He is heading back to his site. I have had such a great time hanging out with him. Allen, have a great time and enjoy the rest of your time here. I also said goodbye to my hosts, Andrew and Michael, thanks guys. Your hospitality is much appreciated and hanging out has been a blast. Best of luck!

For me, it was time once again to get on the road and head south. Actually I headed mostly west, and only a little bit south. It rained in the morning. Not hard, but enough to get everything all muddy. The first part of the trip was up and down a lot. The tune up on the bike seems to be doing pretty well though. So I had a good time.

By the end of the day the terrain had really flattened out. I really began to cruise after that. It did get dark on me before I could get into the city though. Damn. But there was a wide shoulder to ride on, so no real problem there.

Once in town, it took me a bit of time to find the right hotel. The first two I tried were very nice, but way more than I wanted to spend. I did eventually find one for only 50D a night, with another 10D for a hot shower. That is about $9 total. Sold. I went to bed clean and happy.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment