Monday, June 21, 2010

Masaka to Lyantonde - Day 303

Date: June 17th, 2010
Distance: 76km
Country: Uganda

Left Masaka and got on a small road with less traffic. That has made things better. There are still quite a few terrible drivers, but less traffic means less of them as well. It is also my conjecture that the smaller the road the more likely it is to have cows on it, or goats, or a donkey cart. The vehicles that use these small roads then get used to having slow objects on the road and learn how to avoid them.

More hills today. The cool temperatures make riding easier though. It really doesn't feel a lot different from Seattle. Then again there was some pretty good cloud cover today. So that helps. In the afternoon I was riding in the wake of a thunderstorm. I could hear it ahead of me, plus the ground was wet, but I didn't get more than a few drops.

Got to Lyantonde and was able to get a hotel room and something to eat. I even got a liter of milk for about $0.30. So other than the drivers, I am liking Uganda.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment