Friday, June 4, 2010

Likete to Nkwanta - Day 285

Date: May 30th, 2010
Distance: 85km (I think???)
Country: Ghana

I left the lodge in the morning, and took the road back to Hohoe. I was going to try and find a truck going north and skip the part I had already done. I forgot it was Sunday though. Ghana is the most disturbingly Christian country I have been to. So that meant not much was happening. I ended up doing 50km back the way I came.

North of Jasikan I did see a truck and they were willing to take me north. They weren't going all the way to Nkwanta, but that was close enough for me. Plus it was the hot part of the afternoon and I didn't want to bake in that heat. It was fun to ride along with the truck and see what that was like.

They dropped me off at was was claimed to be 15km from Nkwanta. The cable for my speedometer must have been snapped when putting it in the truck, so I don't have a good idea how far it was. It did take 3 hours to get there, so I am gessing it was more like 35km. Whoosh.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment