Friday, July 9, 2010

Kigali to Butare - Day 322

Date: July 6th, 2010
Distance: 66km (Plus a ride on a truck.)
Country: Rwanda
Song of the Day: Talk - Coldpay

This morning I had to find the embassy for Burundi. It took most of the morning just to find it. Frustrating. Still I got there and was able to get my visa, though it took a while.

From there I headed out of the city. I did catch a truck going back to Giterama though. I already rode the same route into the city. I saw no need to do it again. They did also take me a fair bit of the way to Butare though. I can't say I really mind though. I was exhausted from the weekend. I was actually falling asleep in the truck. The stop at the embassy had also taken up a lot of time. So I never would have gotten to Butare without it.

Once I was in Butare, I found a place to stay and some food. I tried to watch the World Cup match (Netherlands vs. Uraguay) but I just couldn't stay awake for it.

-Dravi

No comments:

Post a Comment