Thursday, July 15, 2010

Bujumbura to Rumonge - Day 326

Date: July 10th, 2010
Distance: 76km
Country: Burundi
Song of the Day: Machinehead - Bush

Back on the road today. I am making good time heading south despite the headwind. The road along Lake Tanganyika is a lot more flat than the hills I have been used to. Actually, the road runs in a narrow band between the shoreline of the lake and the hills to the east. The far side of the lake is lost over the horizon. From my vantage point it almost appears like a large inland sea. The few villages I have passed seem to support the local fishing fleet. Each one is built around a small natural harbor, which is filled with wooden ships.

When I got to Rumonge, I found a place to sleep and watch the world cup. It is only the 3rd place finish, but between Germany and Uraguay. It was a good game, with Germany winning 3-2.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment