Thursday, July 15, 2010

Bujumbura - Day 325

Date: July 9th, 2010
Distance: None
Country: Burundi

I did some more exploring of Bujumbura today. I went to the market. That was a wild experiment. The main market in the city is covered by a metal roof. Underneath it are a warren of tiny shops and stalls. People are push too. If you stop to let someone else pass, the person behind you will likely shove you out of the way. I guess you leave your courtesy at home.

After a little while, and some bargaining, I did manage to get a new pair of sunglasses. This would be pair number six. They just don't last that long. Or maybe I just treat them too hard. Life on the road I guess.

There really isn't much else to do here. I took a nap in the afternoon. That really isn't the best use of my time. After seeing the market, I didn't have any ideas of fun stuff. I guess that means it is time to hit the road again.

-Dravis

1 comment:

  1. The sunglass hunt at a market, that sounds somewhat like one I remember in Mexico ;-)

    ReplyDelete