Friday, July 23, 2010

Dodoma to Dar es Salaam - Day 335

Date: July 19th, 2010
Distance: Cheating by bus.
Country: Tanzania

So I spent the night fitfully sleeping on that little pad on the bus. At least I was only sharing it with one guy. I am not sure where the third guy stayed. He showed up later, when the bus got moving.

I actually did fall asleep for a bit in the morning. Sadly, I missed my turn. But the time I woke up we were almost at Dar es Salaam. So I figured I would head into town, and see what that was like. I would bike back out tomorrow.

Not much to say about the city. It is another big African city. I did meet a guy there, Rahim, who helped me look for a place to stay. There are a couple of catholic missions in town. Sadly, both were booked up. Well, one of them had an extra room, they had just lost the key. Eventually I did find something nice and cheap. Acutally, it wasn't all that nice. It was clean though.

While I was in town, I checked on ferry schedules. I have been saving Zanzibar as a sort of treat to myself. Before the trip ends I am going to try and spend a day or two there.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment