Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fada-Ngourou to Pama - Day 259

Date: May 4th, 2010
Distance: 106km
Country: Burkina Faso

Matt came by early in the morning. He had to pick up the key to Krista's apartment. He also took me out to a place for breakfast. That was nice. They had some great yogurt. Yum. He also warned me that the road to Pama was bandit country. So I had to be somewhere before dark. There was a police crackdown, but that may just mean more attacks during the day. The good thing was that on a bike they would probably just pull up in front with guns. This is better than their tactic for stopping cars, which is to shoot the driver. Ah the joys of travelling in Africa.

From there I was off down the road. It was another hilly day. It seems like Burkina is a country shaped like a bowl. The center is flat and low, while the edges are hilly. Then again I could be wrong. I was also running into a bit of a headwind. It was coming out of the south west. I hope tomorrow it will push me along. For today though, not so great. Another long day.

When I got into Pama, I was tired and hungry. I was looking for a place with rice or spaghetti, but going from one end to the other I couldn't find it. Finally I found a place that said they had it. Then the lady came back and said they were out. They did have antelope soup. The antelope was quite good. The soup was to salty. This is coming from a guy who has lines of salt crystals forming in the drying sweat stains on my clothes. Africa, you need to cut back on the salt.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment