Sunday, May 16, 2010

Bante to Dassa - Day 264

Date: May 14th, 2010
Distance: 91km
Country: Benin

I got up early with Ravi. He is heading north for a big birthday bash. He did take me to a place close by that made great omelet sandwiches. The lady next to it was selling the corn porage stuff. I can't remember what they called it though. I washed it all down with a bottle of bissap and I was ready to go. I said goodbye to my host and was off. Ravi, thanks for everything. Good luck here! Maybe I will see you in Ghana.

The scenery on the road has become a lot more interesting. To the east there is a ridge of forested hills. There are also occasional rocky outcrops. Quite fun to look at. Toward the west is just a large green valley studded with palm trees. The road is still up and down a lot, but not worse than before. I will take the beautiful vistas any day.

The day did drag a bit though. It could be the intestinal issues or the heat, I just don't have the same level of energy I used to. Or it could be the recent lack of sleep... I did finally get a good rain storm to wash over me at the end of the day. That made everything nice and cool. Great for riding. I have missed the rain.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment