Thursday, November 5, 2009

Venice to Chioggia - Day 78

Date: November 4th, 2009
Distance: 91km
Country: Italy
Song of the Day: November Rain - Guns 'n Roses

Miserable day. Rain was just so damn cold my hands were numb. When I was in Iceland, one of the Canadian bikers was going to give me some thick rubber gloves. I wish I had those today. Just awful.

The only good part was I did replace my read derailer hanger before I left. So my derailer was hanging straight now. Much better. (I still forgot to re-adjust the limits, so the shifting was off. But it didn't rub and have nearly as much friction.) Plus I cleaned off the crud on the gears. So I was going much easier and faster than before.

The highway I was on was terrible as well. There was a shoulder, but it was a busy highway with lots of trucks. Not really that dangerous but with the rain and crap being sprayed up by them it just wasn't in any way pleasant.

When I got into Chioggia it was full of camping sites. They were all closed though. I wandered around in the rain for an hour looking for something that was open. Nothing. Finally I got to a pension a booked myself a room. Another 40€. Italy has been expensive. Urgh.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment