Monday, November 30, 2009

Montpellier to Narbonne - Day 103

Date: November 29th, 2009
Distance: 123km
Country: France
Song of the Day: Starlight - Muse

When I got on the road today, it seemed like it was going to be a pretty easy day. I guess I was wrong though. I started getting a nasty crosswind. It was really pushing me about. This persisted for most of the day when it wasn't being a nasty headwind. Still the landscapes were a bit more diverse today. Not that much to say about it though. It was another case of putting more miles behind me.

I wasn't really sure what I was going to do once I got to Narbonne though. I almost stopped and pitched my tent in an overgrown field before I got to Narbonne. Grabbed some dinner and wi-fi at a McDonnald's, then headed out of the city. I was hoping to find a farmhouse to ask if I could pitch my tent. All the houses seemed clumped into little villages though. This left the surrounding area with no one around. So who do you ask? I did find a little dirt road that led to a bluff over highway. It wasn't a perfect spot, but I felt pretty good about it. Plus if the owner came by to bug me, that would answer the who question. Then i could just ask permission to camp, and practice my french a bit. So I just pitched my tent. I was glad I did because before I was finished it had started to rain. By the time it was really pouring I was snug and warm inside.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment