Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Florence - Day 90

Date: November 16th, 2009
Distance: None
Country: Italy
Song of the Day: Forgive and Forget - The Get Up Kids

Woke up and had myself some free breakfast at the hostel. Very yummy. Went on the walking tour around the city that the hostel puts on. That was very nice. It gave me a pretty good grounding as to what the city was about.

After that I headed to the other side of the river. I didn't actually know what I was doing. I ended up at this park with a great view over the whole city.

Then I headed back to climb up the dome at the cathedral. It is actually two domes, one inner and one outer. All done in brick as well. That makes it darn impressive to me. The cost to climb the dome was 8 euro. Yeesh. Sometimes you just have to eat that cost and head up the stairs. There is no elevator by the way. I found it no problem to climb all the steps. I did have to stop occasionally as the people ahead of me had stopped and were huffing and puffing. From the top the view was wonderful. I stayed up for an hour and a half or so watching the sun set. Very pretty.

Then in was back to the hostel for more free food. Dinner this time. I also hung out with a couple of people in my room. Claire and Ned from Australia and Emory from New Zealand.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment