Saturday, November 28, 2009

Genoa to Alassio - Day 96

Date: November 22nd, 2009
Distance: 117km
Country: Italy
Song of the Day: Rebels - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Woke up to rain, but this cleared off pretty early in the ride. Soon I was enjoying a wonderful little ride on along the coast of Italy. The terrain has leveled off a bit. Yeah, there are hills, but they are reasonable. So today was just about putting more miles behind me.

I had wanted to get to Andora, but I did get a late start. While the sun was setting the sea was turned that beautiful blue color that you get from glaciers. Here it was in waves crashing on the beach. I tried to get a picture of it, but none of them really came out with the same brilliant colors that I was seeing.

I looked around for a campsite as it got dark, but nothing was open. I even asked a guy packing up his RV, but he didn't know of anything left along the coast that was open. So I ended up riding along this winding coast road in the dark looking for a place to stop. If I could have found a place to pitch a tent along the road, I would have. But it was cliffs (or slopes) on either side, one up, one down. I did find a nice little one star hotel. Not bad actually. Sure, it was a bit funky, but it was clean and the proprietors were quite nice.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment