Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Balsena to Siena - Day 88

Date: November 14th, 2009
Distance: 123km
Country: Italy
Song of the Day: We Never Change - Coldplay

Today wasn't all that exciting. Just more miles behind me. I did stop at a little farmers market and bought a pear. Yum. I like going to those little markets. The food is cheap and good. Lots of hills, though. Still, I was still making good time. I was getting about 20km an hour before I hit Siena. I even got to town before 4:00 PM, about an hour before sunset.

Siena was very pretty. It is this old town set on top of a hill. Actually, if I had to describe it, I would say it is like Venice on a hill. There are just tiny street and houses crowded together and stacked on top of each other. Now I would imagine that it would get boring after a day or so. For the hour or so that I rode through town, it was nice.

I stayed at a camping site just north of town. Cooked dinner in the dark on my stove. Got a shower and hopped into bed. As I was falling asleep I looked at the time, 8:15PM. Oh... I thought it was much later. I guess that is what I get for having my schedule determined so much by the sun.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment