Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Agadir to Taroudant - Day 161

Date: January 26th, 2010
Distance: 1 hour by bus
Country: Morocco
Song of the Day: Don't Follow - Alice in Chains

So my friend Julian e-mailed me the other day. If you recall I met her in Marseilles before Thanksgiving. She said she was working for a charity in a town in Morocco, but for the life of me I couldn't recall what it was. So I was happy to hear from her. I was on my way up to Rabat, but I promised I would stop by on my way back to Tiznit. This actually worked out pretty well since the trip only took two days. So I had one extra day to stop by and see her. I got off the bus at Agadir and took the next one to Taroudant.

When I got there I still hadn't heard from Julian, so I didn't really know where to go. I just wandered around the medina for a while, then went and found myself a cyber. I sent her another e-mail to see what was up. After that I ran off and checked in at a hotel. Then I took a nap. Which, after about 30 hours on a bus over the last two days, was well needed.

The problem was that I woke up after dark, still no word for Julian. So I went back to the cyber. Julian had e-mailed me, I guess her life has been a bit hectic the last couple of weeks. Plus for some reason the number I gave her wasn't working. But we got everything straigtened out. Since it was after dark, she didn't want to be walking around alone, which I understood. So we made plans to meet up the following day.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment