Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tiznit to Guelmim - Day 163

Date: January 28th, 2010
Distance: 116km
Country: Morocco
Song of the Day: The Mountains Win Again - Blues Traveler

Today I was rolling out of town by 10:00 AM. So right on time. I consider anything before then a bonus. But damn it all if I didn't need it. After about half an hour I started running into a bit of a headwind. Then hills. I spent most of the morning and into the afternoon climbing into the wind. Then it started to rain. Not heavily, but enough to get everything wet. This did kill off the last of the wind though.

Finally, in mid-afternoon the road started going down hill. It didn't last long, but it felt great. There really isn't anything like screaming down a hill on a bike. It is a little more precarious with a fully loaded touring rig. Plus with the rain I was still worried about skidding out like I did outside of Malaga. But it all worked out. It was a couple of hours short of getting dark, and my knee was just beginning to give me trouble. So I almost stopped in Bouizakarne. But I didn't see any hotels on my way though. Plus the only one who seemed to notice me was little kid giving me the finger. Nope, I would just pass on through.

After Bouizakarne, the terrain flattens out and I was just cruising along. Which was good because I needed to get there as fast as I coule. Despite that, the sun set before I could make the final few kilometers. It also just started to rain as I got to the outskirts of the city. I found myself a hotel and put myself up for the night. By the time I finished dinner it was just pouring rain.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment