Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Rock'n Horse

I am all set for the Rock'n Horse ride on August 15th. I am hoping this will be the first of what will become an annual event. This is a combination bike ride and camping trip, with a twist. I will be carrying some speakers and blasting tunes the whole way. Feel free to comment with songs you want to scare the wildlife with. This event is open to all, though having a bike that can handle 20+ miles of gravel trail would be a plus.

We will leave on Saturday August 15th, and drive up to Rattlesnake Lake. From there we will bike up to the Snoqualmie tunnel, which is sadly closed. But we can bike down to the Denny Creek campground. We will camp overnight, and bike back to Rattlesnake lake on Sunday morning.

I will be carrying all my gear on my bike. This is because I want to test it all out. This is the dry run for my world bike tour. Between that and the speakers, I am not expecting a very fast ride. The trail is also pretty flat (and slightly up hill), so it shouldn't be bad even for beginner. I am so excited about it. I hope to see you all out on the trail!

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment