Tuesday, July 28, 2009

New York, New York - Road Trip Day 1

So our road trip began yesterday in NYC. I flew out early Monday morning. Then again, I haven't been inside a car since I got here. So I am not sure how much of a road trip that makes it. Mostly we have been hanging out, meeting people, playing Settlers and exploring the city.

I also spent most of my last day finishing off that big tree. Let me tell you, being 50 feet in a tree with a live chainsaw is exciting to say the least. But I got the tree down with no major injuries (cuts and scrapes) and only minor damage (shattered a couple of paving stones). The last 20 feet of the tree fell exactly where I wanted it to. I felt really good about that. I also felt really good that the project was over. Taking down a 75 foot tree in a forest is easy. In a back yard, not so much. That was one of the toughest things I have done in a while.

I have my video camera here, but haven't really used it yet. But I promise more pictures and videos for tomorrow.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment