Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Manhattan to Syracuse - Road Trip Day 2

So the second day of the road trip has gone well. Spent the morning walking around midtown.

First let me talk about the subway. I really like the subway. It seems to go pretty close to anywhere I want to go. I have missed the East coast mass transit systems. The only bad thing is the stations are hot and humid. It is like walking into a smelly sauna. Fortunately the trains themselves are air conditioned. So it feels pretty good to zip around the city on them.

This morning on the train we missed our stop and ended up in Times Square. It is an interesting place, but seems so commercial. Not really much to do if you don't wan to buy anything. From there we headed over to MoMA, which happens to be closed on Tuesdays. So we grabbed some lunch and went to the Met. I love walking around there. I could spend hours looking at everything. I especially love the classic Greek and Roman sections. The bronze armor is fantastic. Plus the sculpture is amazing. If you get a chance to, spend some time here.

From there we headed back to Columbia University. We had been staying with Dave and his two roomates Patrick and Dobby there. Thanks guys.

From there it was off to Syracuse.

-Dravis.

1 comment:

  1. Might I remind you that you DID spend hours here in December '07! ;)

    ReplyDelete