Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cedar Point - Road Trip Day 4

Woke up around noon and did some running around. We got some food for lunch and tickets for Cedar Point Amusement Park. We spent most of the afternoon in Soak City, which is their water park. It was a bit smaller than I was expecting. I have to say it was a lot of fun though. I don't think I have been to a water park in over a decade.

There were a couple of things that I did find annoying. I had forgotten how much water flies into your face while going down the slides. This means inevitably you will have to close your eyes to keep out the streams of water. At this point you will be flying blind, so you have no idea what is coming next. You can't open your eyes because of the water that may be flying at your face that you can no longer see. When you hit the pool at the bottom your are totally unprepared and you start snorkeling water through your nose. I am not sure if I missed that stuff as a kid, but it seems like a critical oversight now.

From there we cleaned up and headed back to the coaster park. We started with the Magnum LX-200. This may not have been the best way to start the day. My body was not prepared for the huge drops on this one. The guys waned to go on Top Thrill Dragster, but I was so not ready for that. Like I said, I don't mind heights, I just don't like falling from them. It goes up 420 feet, then right back down 420 feet. That is it. A 420 foot verticle drop was not what I needed. Instead we rode the Mantis, followed by the Corkscrew. We grabbed a couple of shakes, and then went on to the Raptor. I think we all agreed that was probably the best one of the day. Then we went to the Wicked Twister and got out just at closing time. Of course the park didn't actually close at that point. So we snuck back over to the Top Thrill Dragster. I don't know why I thought going 120 miles an hour in the dark would be a good idea. Then again there were little kids in line who couln't have been much older than 10 or 11. Hell if they can do it... Plus the ride really was over fast. It consisted of the thoughts "intense acceleration", "verticle climb", "hey nice view...", "big drop", oh its over. So it actually was not as bad as I thought it would be.

All in all, not a bad day. We wake up early tomorrow to start it over again. Park opens at 10:00 AM.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment