Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Moshi to Babati - Day 346

Date: July 30th, 2010
Distance: Cheating by bus.
Country: Tanzania

I got in touch with my cousin's friend Megan. She is in the Peace Corps here in Tanzania. I was hoping to meet up with her at her little village. She even said that some of her friends were going to climb the big mountain there the next day. So it was back to taking a bus. In most other bus countries, that mode of travel is enjoyable. I don't know what they have done here, but it seems to always be a miserable experience. We stopped for three hours in Arusha for no reason. The drivers couldn't tell me when we were leaving so I was stuck on the bush for that time.

I ended up in Babati just as the sun was setting. I was hoping to make it to Endasak that night, which is where the mountain climbing expedition was going to start from. I couldn't find any transportation going out there though. So I had to stay in Babati for the night.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment