Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Reykjavik - Day 5

Date: August 23rd, 2009
Distance: None
Country: Iceland

Woke up in the afternoon. The sun was shining and really heating up the tent. So it was time to be awake. I decided to spend the day being boring and doing laundry. There was a washer and a dryer at the hostel next to the camping. Turns out this was a bad idea. For some reason my clothes came out of the washer smelling like mildew. The dryer didn't work any better. I ran it twice with no noticeable change in dampness. I was going to hang them out to dry by the clouds had moved in and were threatening to rain. So I just placed the wet clothes as best I could around the tent.

I was hoping to meet up with Gunni again for some swing dancing. But we must have missed each other. Instead I just went out for a nice dinner at this awesome fish and chips place. The fish was lightly breaded and juicy. They also had a selection of sauces for it, but frankly, you didn't need them. The fish, with just a bit of salt, was perfect. Highly recommended.

After that it was back to the hostel to recharge some batteries (laptop & Zune) then off to bed.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment