Sunday, November 21, 2010

West Lafayette to Washington D.C.

Date: October 28th-31st, 2010
Song of the Day: Woke up in a Car - Something Corporate

Left Indiana this morning. Went through Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and back to West Virginia. Spent the night in Maryland. Drove into D.C. in the morning.

When I got to the city, my friend Sarah wasn't off work yet. So I rode around through the city. I really love the capitol mall. The monuments. The Smithsonian. With all the people though, it makes it a bit hard to bike through. Getting out onto the Potomac and some of the other places was less crowded and a lot more fun for real biking.

The next day I went to the Rally to Restore Sanity. That was a lot of fun. For some idiotic reason though I decided to take the metro instead of walk. That was a dumb idea. I couldn't get on in the right direction, so I had to head all the way to the end of the line in Virginia and wait until the train turned around to come back. The crowds were just crazy. It took me a good 30 minutes of walking through to get to a place I could even hear anything. I only saw a little bit of the performance on one of the screens when the person in front of me would move a little bit. Still, it was a lot of fun. Really I went to be there and see people. The signs were great. I will post a few of my favorites below.

Spent Halloween quietly with my Sarah and some of her friends. Had "lunch" with them, which lasted all afternoon. Played some games and generally had a good time. Thanks Sarah for letting me stay at you place. See you at Christmas.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment