Sunday, November 21, 2010

Portland to Denver

Date: October 22nd-25th, 2010
Song of the Day: A Life of Arctic Sounds - Modest Mouse

The trip from Portland to Denver was a hell of a drive. I did about sixteen hours from Oregon into Wyoming before crashing at a rest stop there. Woke up the next morning and continued on. I got a bit of snow through Wyoming over Medicine Bow, but nothing too bad. The drivers actually seemed to be pretty good. Slowed down to keep it safe.

Colorodo was a different story. The drivers had a wicked habit of speeding up to 75 then slamming on the breaks! The first time that happened I was just a couple of feet from hitting the car in front of me. Not something nice to do to a guy who had just driven a thousand miles. I was just saved by the space that I normally keep between me and the car ahead. But idiots kept using that space to cut in front of me and then slam on their breaks. So annoying.

I did get into Denver without serious bodily harm. I met up with my friend Ryan who was with me on the last road trip. He is now living with his brother in Denver and showed me around downtown a bit. We had a pretty good time. There was also a Zombie Walk going on.

The next day I went for a bike ride. Denver has a great system of intra city trails. I did 30 miles through the city. It was quite a bit of fun. I like my new bike a lot. Though I did have one clip out fail. It feels pretty stupid to just fall over sideways. I will try to avoid that in the future.

That evening Ryan' brother Sean and his wife Thanvee came back. We had a good evening hanging out. Ryan cooked a great dinner. Thanks to all of them for letting me stay.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment