Sunday, November 21, 2010

Washington D.C. to Bridgton

Date: November 1st, 2010
Song of the Day: Drive - R.E.M

Left the capitol and drove straight on up to Maine. Nothing too exciting about the drive. I guess I have just gotten used to drive 12 hours or more at a stretch.

Got to the family home up in Bridgton, Maine. My aunt and uncle live up here. Their son Adam put me up in Indiana, and I stayed with their other son Allen way back in Morocco.

I plan on sticking up here for a few weeks. Hopefully I will get some writing done. I have far too many ideas kicking around in my head. I want them out and on paper. Of course I thought of two more ideas on the way out. So it doesn't bode well for actually having less ideas floating around my mind than when I started. Oh well.

The Lakes Region of Maine is a good place for writing though. I guess Steven King has a house about 12 miles away. It is quiet and calm. Frankly, not a lot of night life or distractions around here. So with any luck I will get a few things written.

-Dravis

No comments:

Post a Comment